I made this dress; I’ve nothing particularly insightful to share about it.
I used a slippery fabric (probably polyester blend) because I thought it would drape well given the shape of the dress and I need more practice with delicate fabrics.
I hand basted the bust darts and back darts which saved a lot of time and frustration. I think hand sewing, namely basting, is one of the most helpful tricks I’ve picked up in the last few months. I’m getting increasingly less patient about picking out poor stitching. I’d rather spend a little extra time on the prep by tacking a seam together manually than machine stitching, picking it out and machine stitching again.
I actually finished the dress almost a month ago, but i didn’t wear it until two weeks ago when I shortened it to tunic length. So, the pictures aren’t really an accurate representation of how it looks right now, but you get the idea.