I finished a nursing cover this weekend. I need to make another, but this will go in the mail today since my sister’s baby came earlier than expected.
There are a lot of tutorials for nursing covers and they aren’t difficult to sew. Most of them call for a piece of boning for the stability around the neck (so the mother can look down and see the baby). I didn’t have boning on hand, so I cut up a two liter soda bottle. The piece came to about 13 in. which is about what the tutorials were calling for.
Other than that, straight forward measuring, pressing and hemming really.
I also managed to re-pot some herbs. I bought them last week and unfortunately they are already looking desperate. From what I read, that’s probably because they are not getting enough light. It sounds like I’ll need to supplement the daylight with a grow light and possibly take them from the window at night if it gets too cold. I bought a grow light bulb this weekend, but unless I can put it on a timer, I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to turning on the bulb and rotating the plants to and from the window everyday.
I’ve been starting a lot of projects lately – more than I can finish in even the next two months. I have an inability to concentrate on anything for too long and a need to always have something to look forward to.