Muslin for a Baby Baptism Dress

image

My sister asked me to make her daughter’s baptism dress. I altered a pattern a bit and created a muslin for fitting since she lives in another state.

image

In my haste I realized I didn’t adjust the pattern straps. They are drafted to button on the top, so the back strap is longer. I should have cut them even despite the pattern. I’ll have to fix that tomorrow before sending.

image

In addition to creating a straight a-line shape, I also added a loop and ribbon in the back to more easily get the dress over my niece’s head. I hope there’s enough room!

image

I also realized if I had paid a bit more attention (or any) to pattern placement the floral design would be perfectly centered. It’s off an inch or so and it’s killing me! Oh well, that’s why we make muslins.

Updated with shortened straps:
image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s