As soon as I finished my pattern grading class I finished up on a dress that had been half finished for months. I basically just needed to fix the straps together and hem the bottom. I didn’t have enough fabric at the bottom to hem without adding a strip to fold up. Pretty straightforward except that my blind hemmer was acting up. It took me several tries to catch the serged edge all the way around. I think it works best when the needle is catching a folded over edge of fabric… lesson learned.
I used Simplicity 2916.
I’m very pleased with the results.
It’ll be a great fall dress. I just wish I had lined it!
And, yes, those are soldiers on my dress.